incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Graduation of Hama as a TLP
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:03:18 GMT
Hi IPMCers and Incubator community,

The Hama podling joined the incubator in May 2008. Since then, our
community has been steadily growing, we have made 3 releases, added 5
new committers and 3 new PPMC members. Diversity of the organizations
or countries contributing to our project is also great. Thanks to ASF
incubator, we have learned to self-govern and grow our community using
accepted Apache practices.

The community graduation vote was held and passed with 6 positive (4
binding) votes, no negative votes[1]. Now I would like to ask the IPMC
to approve the graduation. Please VOTE on the below resolution for
promoting Hama to an Apache TLP and graduating from the Incubator.

[ ] +1 Hama graduation
[ ] -1 Hama is not ready to graduate, because ....

Voting will be open for 72 hours.

Thanks.

1. http://markmail.org/thread/zuqkk47xgyxs2b6p
2. http://markmail.org/thread/vk4vedwtcts4pgmy

## Resolution to create a TLP from graduating Incubator podling

  X. Establish the Apache Hama Project

      open-source software related to a distributed computing
      framework based on Bulk Synchronous Parallel
      for distribution at no charge to the public.

      Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Hama Project",
      Foundation; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache Hama Project be and hereby is
      related to a distributed computing framework based on
      Bulk Synchronous Parallel; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Hama" be
      and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
      serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
      of the Apache Hama Project, and to have primary responsibility
      for management of the projects within the scope of
      responsibility of the Apache Hama Project; and be it further

      Apache Hama Project:

        * ChiaHung Lin              <chl501@apache.org>
        * Thomas Jungblut           <tjungblut@apache.org>
        * Edward J. Yoon            <edwardyoon@apache.org>
        * Suraj Menon               <surajsmenon@apache.org>
        * Tommaso Teofili           <tommaso@apache.org>
        * Steve Loughran            <stevel@apache.org>

      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Edward J. Yoon
      be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Hama, to
      serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
      death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
      or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Hama PMC be and hereby is
      tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
      encourage open development and increased participation in the
      Apache Hama Project; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache Hama Project be and hereby
      Incubator Hama podling; and be it further

      Incubator Hama podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
      Project are hereafter discharged.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon