incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release MRUnit version 0.9.0-incubating
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 14:33:09 GMT
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM, Brock Noland <brock@cloudera.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:33 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The tag to be voted upon:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mrunit/tags/release-0.9.0-incubating/
>>
>> There's a NOTICE.txt and NOTICE-src.txt at the top level.
>>
>> IMO the primary NOTICE file should be for the source.
>>

> So there would be a NOTICE-bin.txt and a NOTICE.txt?

The Apache License 2.0 only makes mention of a "NOTICE" file, not "NOTICE-bin"
(or "NOTICE-src").

The top priority is that the NOTICE[.txt] file in the canonical source release
be correct and complete.  That's what we're voting on and what the ASF is
endorsing.

I haven't yet arrived at a position regarding the -bin/-deps situation.  At
this point, I wouldn't -1 a source release that contains irrelevant and
misleading information in a file called "NOTICE-bin.txt" about dependencies
which are not present, but that could change.

Marvin Humphrey