incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Question RE a non-ASF hosted project requiring contributors to have a signed ICLA submitted to the ASF
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:03:59 GMT
Bertrand suggested to send this question here.

I have a non-ASF hosted project (jszip.org hosted on github in case you are
interested), which I am hoping to build enough of a developer community
(currently it is just me) around to be able to bring it into the ASF.

To this end, I am licensing it under the ASL.

I don't want to have to maintain the ICLAs and CCLAs of contributors.

Would it be OK if instead I just require that they have a signed ICLA with
the ASF and that they grant the copyright to the ASF since my eventual
intent is to bring this project into the ASF (once I have sufficient
community to bring it in that is! ;-) )

Thanks for considering this question.

-Stephen