incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevin Kluge <Kevin.Kl...@citrix.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL][RFC] CloudStack for the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 17:17:54 GMT
Hi All,

We would like to propose CloudStack to be an Apache Incubator project.

CloudStack provides control plane software that can be used to create an IaaS cloud. It includes
an HTTP-based API for user and administrator functions and a web UI for user and administrator
access. Administrators can provision physical infrastructure (e.g., servers, network elements,
storage) into an instance of CloudStack, while end users can use the CloudStack self-service
API and UI for the provisioning and management of virtual machines, virtual disks, and virtual
networks.   Additional information is available at http://cloudstack.org/ and http://docs.cloudstack.org/.

The draft proposal document is available at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CloudStackProposal.
  There are a few incomplete sections in the proposal.  We have left "XXX" marks by those
as reminders, and we'll complete those sections in the next few days as the proposal evolves.

We're excited about the opportunity to work with ASF and the community to create an Incubator
project for cloud orchestration.  We'll welcome all feedback on the proposal.  Thanks.

-kevin