incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 06:37:10 GMT
On 4/26/12 12:44 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
> OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating). This will be the first incubator release
> for Apache OpenOffice and a key milestone to continue the success of
> OpenOffice.org.
>

> This release candidate provides the following important key changes
> compared to former OpenOffice releases:
> (1) Code clean up to remove all copyleft components and external
> dependencies
> (2) Reworked or introduced LICENSE and NOTICE file to reflect and
> document the used licenses of the code itself as well as of external 3rd
> party libraries
> (3) MD5, SHA1, SHA512 hashes and GPG signatures for all of artifacts
>
> For a detailed feature overview please see the release notes under
> https://cwiki.apache.org/OOOUSERS/aoo-34-release-notes.html.
>
> The release candidate artifacts (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 16 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) can be found on the following
> wiki page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+%28incubating%29+Release+Candidate
>

> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 3.4
> (incubating).
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
> UTC midnight Wednesday, 1 May: 2012-05-01 24:00 UTC.

I did a mistake here, May 1th is on Tuesday and not on Wednesday. My
initial intention was to run the vote until May 1th. But we can extend
it if people have planned with Wednesday. Please let me know.

If it is ok for the IPMC I would correct it now to

UTC midnight Tuesday,1 May: 2012-05-01 24:00 UTC

Regards

Juergen