incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Donofrio <donofrio...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Graduate Apache MRUnit from Incubator
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 03:56:24 GMT
We havent heard anything on the DISCUSS thread since posting it over 72
hours ago so I am starting a VOTE thread following Chris Mattmann's
recommendation. I will leave the vote open for 72 hours.

The current vote is below copying from the community vote [2] that passed:

7 +1's
0 0's
0 -1's

IPMC +1
Patrick Hunt
Chris Mattmann

PPMC +1
Brock Noland
Dave Beech
Jim Donofrio
Jarek Jarcec Cecho

Others +1
Joey Echeverria

In the last MRUnit incubator report [1] the 3 blockers were:
* Grow the community size and diversity
* Make another incubating release
* Construct an MRUnit website to replace the existing stub

We have since:
* Added 2 new committers/PPMC members
* 0.9.0-incubating will get released soon, pending one more IPMC +1
* We have a new website

 From the beginning of incubation we have:
* Added 4 new committers/PPMC members
* Done 4 releases once 0.9.0-incubating is released soon, pending one more IPMC +1
* Created a real website

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/mrunit/ppmc/incubator_reports.html#march-2012
[2]: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-mrunit-dev/201204.mbox/%3C4F91FED1.2010609%40gmail.com%3E

X. Establish the Apache MRUnit Project

open-source software related to unit testing Apache Hadoop map
reduce jobs for distribution at no charge to the public.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache MRUnit Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache MRUnit Project be and hereby is
related to unit testing Apache Hadoop map reduce jobs;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache MRUnit" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache MRUnit Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache MRUnit Project; and be it further

Apache MRUnit Project:

   * Brock Noland                 brock@apache.org
   * Patrick Hunt                 phunt@apache.org
   * Nigel Daley                  nigel@apache.org
   * Eric Sammer                  esammer@apache.org
   * Aaron Kimball                kimballa@apache.org
   * Konstantin Boudnik           cos@apache.org
   * Garrett Wu                   gwu@apache.org
   * Jim Donofrio                 jdonofrio@apache.org
   * Jarek Jarcec Cecho           jarcec@apache.org
   * Dave Beech                   dbeech@apache.org

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Brock Noland
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache MRUnit, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache MRUnit PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache MRUnit Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache MRUnit Project be and hereby
Incubator MRUnit podling; and be it further

Incubator MRUnit podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

Since there are no complaints from general@, should I change it to a VOTE?