incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Extraordinary OpenOffice security patch (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "April2012" by robweir)
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 05:43:25 GMT
On 4/11/2012 2:36 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> It should be noted though that even though the /dist/incubator/ooo
> space was used to distribute these patches, they were and are not
> officially blessed by the Incubator PMC on behalf of the ASF.
>
> Should a similar case arise in the future, I'd prefer if a clearly
> separate area under /dist or some other place was used to prevent
> confusing these with official Apache releases.

Short of people.a.o/~luser/my-patch.tgz, I'm fairly certain that
can't happen with an incubating podling.  Everything under the space
/dist/ must exist under a PMC.  And if AOOo ever does on a broad
security patch distribution, inflicting that traffic on people.a.o,
infra will be taking names and kicking asses.

As chair, you should have been brought into this loop, but with the
change from Noel I can see how this oversight happened.  Sorry about
that.  It's probably another example why the current infrastructure
schema simply isn't plausible.