incubator-general mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][RFC] CloudStack for the Apache Incubator
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 01:49:20 GMT
I find the proposal interesting too. I gave it a lot of though and I am
considering getting involved as well. I have a question however for the
proponents and supporters of the project.

What makes this project different than (almost) all the other ASF
projects is that it has a high(er) barrier to entry in terms of hardware
requirements. The reality is that such a project has little chances of
becoming a viable competitor in the industry without strong support from
companies like Citrix (and I salute their commitment). Will such
resources be made available to the whole community, how was this envisioned?

Thanks,
Hadrian

--
Hadrian Zbarcea