incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][RFC] CloudStack for the Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:55:56 GMT
The proposal looks good.  I'm excited that the community is looking to grow at the ASF.  I'm
working on similar technology in my day job at IBM and am interested in getting involved.
 Happy to mentor if you need, although, it has quite a large list now as I look at the Wiki.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

A Day Without Nuclear Fusion Is a Day Without Sunshine

On Apr 3, 2012, at 1:17 PM, Kevin Kluge wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We would like to propose CloudStack to be an Apache Incubator project.
>
> CloudStack provides control plane software that can be used to create an IaaS cloud.
It includes an HTTP-based API for user and administrator functions and a web UI for user and
administrator access. Administrators can provision physical infrastructure (e.g., servers,
network elements, storage) into an instance of CloudStack, while end users can use the CloudStack
self-service API and UI for the provisioning and management of virtual machines, virtual disks,
and virtual networks.   Additional information is available at http://cloudstack.org/ and
http://docs.cloudstack.org/.

> The draft proposal document is available at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CloudStackProposal.
  There are a few incomplete sections in the proposal.  We have left "XXX" marks by those
as reminders, and we'll complete those sections in the next few days as the proposal evolves.

> We're excited about the opportunity to work with ASF and the community to create an Incubator
project for cloud orchestration.  We'll welcome all feedback on the proposal.  Thanks.