incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Flex status
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:01:14 GMT

On 3/12/12 9:39 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

>> It's a bit unfortunate that the migration is taking so long. Once you
>> have everything in place, it would be great if you could take some
>> time (perhaps together with people from OpenOffice) to compile a list
>> of lessons learned for use by potential future podlings that need to
>> migrate a large and complex project history to Apache...
>
> Ok, IIUC the main hurdles are legal vetting of some parts of the code
> on the Adobe side, and trouble getting the JIRA data imported
> (INFRA-4380). Both are also taking more time than expected.

Other issues are that Infra doesn't always get on things right away so a
JIRA import file I submit may take a week before someone actually tries it
and finds it doesn't work, and that Apache (and Adobe) didn't have a good
way to transfer multi-GB files.  More disk space on the Apache private
folder server or an FTP dropbox would be helpful.

There is also a question of scalability.  Having everyone in one SVN
repository really puts a strain when donating tons of files because the SVN
import for a project has to take down SVN for others.  And of course, the
question of disk space on the server.  Similar for JIRA instances.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team