incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject On cross-posting to general@ (Was: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Accumulo to TLP)
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:29:46 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Billie J Rinaldi
<billie.j.rinaldi@ugov.gov> wrote:
> Note: This vote began in a separate thread, but only received 1 non-binding vote in
> 40 hours.  I am posting a new thread so more people will notice and have time to vote.

At least for me and probably also for other GMail-users the original
vote message got included in the same thread as the previous [RESULT]
of the community vote which got cc'd to general@, making it a bit
difficult to spot the actual IPMC vote call.

There's recently been a few other cases where a vote or another thread
has been going on simultaneously on both podling-dev@ and general@,
and in such cases it can be a bit difficult to tell which list is
actually being addressed. For example the recent community vote on
graduating RAT/Creadur had a lot of responses sent only to general@,
which seemed a bit misplaced to me.

It's not too big a deal, but to avoid some extra confusion it might be
useful if people avoided cross-posting between lists and instead send
a forward or an archive URL in cases where information needs to be
passed across lists. That should help make the context of each thread
clearer.

BR,

Jukka Zitting