incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Flume status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by ArvindPrabhakar)
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:41:13 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the report, Flume!

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> + Progress since last report
> + [... lots of good stuff ...]

Sounds like you've made great progress since December.

> + Issues before graduation
> +  * Move the active development branch - flume-728 to trunk.

Graduation from the Incubator is not tied to technical issues.

> +  * Release a version from the trunk.

Since you've already made one incubating release, this is not a
requirement for graduation.

So based on your recent progress it seems to me like you're ready to
start preparing for graduation. Looking at flume-dev@ I notice you've
already been discussing this a bit, and prefer to avoid rushing
things. That sounds good to me, and I'm looking forward to seeing
Flume graduate as soon as you believe you're ready.

BR,

Jukka Zitting