incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Isis status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by DanHaywood)
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 20:22:16 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Dan Haywood
<dan@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:
> In terms of community building, the things we're doing divide into would-be
> user and would-be contributors:

Thanks a lot for sharing!

> In terms of how that's worked, well... all I can say is that it seems to be
> a slow process.  Our project is quite divisive; some people love it, and
> many others don't take the time to grok it and dismiss it out of hand.
>  Hence our recent work to make it easier for would-be users to grok what
> the project can do for them.
>
> I think the main thing I can advise is just to be patient.

Yep, there's no silver bullet to building a community overnight. But
it sounds like you're doing a lot of things right and the topic of
Isis seems pretty interesting (though I admit it takes a bit of
digging in before you grok the idea), so I believe you'll do great.

BR,

Jukka Zitting