incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ManifoldCF 0.5-incubating, RC0
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:51:56 GMT
Thanks for the review.

Build with maven requires running "mvn-bootstrap" script first.
Primary build is ant.  This is described in the documentation.

License notices have been released 4 previous times in this form and
were based originally on Solr/Lucene, which included many of the same
dependencies, but as modified by the requirements of the incubator.
We were explicitly instructed by the incubator (I'd be happy to look
up the thread if desired) to remove everything not absolutely
essential from the NOTICE.txt file (leaving only those licenses that
required explicit notification), and instead to move the others to the
LICENSE.txt file, where you will find proper attribution for all jars
distributed with the project.  We complied with this request, which we
can now undo if it is the consensus that we should.

Thanks again,
Karl

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Matt Hogstrom <matt@hogstrom.org> wrote:
> Some comments:
>
> The NOTICEs file does not indicate that there is software from outside the ASF...  for
instance, Jetty is a Codehaus project.  Same license, different org.  Here is what Geronimo
does:  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/2.1.4/NOTICE.txt

> The code signing Key is not available online:
> gpg: requesting key 0CF24209 from hkp server minsky.surfnet.nl
> gpgkeys: key 516B70640CF24209 not found on keyserver
>
> Imported the keys from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/KEYS  and
the signatures were fine.  Would be nice if they were signed by others and were published;
that's a nit.

> Tried building (mvn compile) and received the following:
>
> [INFO] Reactor Summary:
> [INFO]
> [INFO] ManifoldCF ........................................ SUCCESS [0.491s]
> [INFO] ManifoldCF - Framework ............................ SUCCESS [0.018s]
> [INFO] ManifoldCF - Framework - Core ..................... FAILURE [0.055s]
> [INFO] ManifoldCF - Framework - UI Core .................. SKIPPED
> [ snip ]
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project mcf-core: Could not resolve dependencies for
project org.apache.manifoldcf:mcf-core:jar:0.5.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find com.bitmechanic:jdbcpool:jar:0.99
in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be
reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help
1]