incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on Incubator board reports
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 08:30:34 GMT
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:

> While there was no clear single message, the overall
> impression I got was that the board expects the Incubator PMC to
> provide better and more active oversight on podlings.

And that seems understandable, however IMHO the lazer beam focus we
now have on the quarterly reports doesn't necessarily help get better
or active oversight, in fact it makes it even easier for mentors to
just pop up every few months and mention/sign a report and then
disappear for the rest of the time. Looking at how many poddlings
struggle to get votes on releases maybe what we need to have is a bit
of actively retiring mentors so we can get a clearer picture of who is
really providing oversight on poddlings.

   ...ant