incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flex status
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:39:58 GMT
Hi Jukka,

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...Resolve trademark donation or licensing
>
> I assume this is being handled by the PPMC together with the Apache
> legal & trademark teams. So no direct action by the Incubator PMC
> needed?..

That's correct - it's taking more time than we initially expected but
progressing AFAIU.

>> Complete code and bug database donation
>
> It's a bit unfortunate that the migration is taking so long. Once you
> have everything in place, it would be great if you could take some
> time (perhaps together with people from OpenOffice) to compile a list
> of lessons learned for use by potential future podlings that need to
> migrate a large and complex project history to Apache...

Ok, IIUC the main hurdles are legal vetting of some parts of the code
on the Adobe side, and trouble getting the JIRA data imported
(INFRA-4380). Both are also taking more time than expected.

> ...PS. I notice a downwards trend in commit and list activity since
> January. I assume this is a result of an initial spike of activity in
> January and the still pending parts of the infrastructure migration
> dragging down further work....

That's my understanding as well, but the good news is that discussions
have become much more concrete lately. But with little to work on, as
some code still hasn't been donated, things are a bit quiet right now.

Thanks for having a look at the report!
-Bertrand (speaking for myself as a mentor, didn't consult the PPMC on this)