incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accumulo graduation
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 01:26:53 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Billie J Rinaldi
<billie.j.rinaldi@ugov.gov> wrote:
> Apache Accumulo began incubation in September 2011.  Since then, our community has been
active and we have voted in one new committer and seen 10 new contributors.  We have made
one release.  The Accumulo community held a vote for graduation that passed with 9 +1 votes,
2 from IPMC members (http://s.apache.org/hTk).

> [...]
> [  ] -1 Do not recommend that Apache Accumulo graduate yet because ...
>
> This vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> Billie

>    X. Establish the Apache Accumulo Project
>
>       WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>       interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
>       Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
>       Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
>       open-source software related to a robust, scalable distributed
>       key/value store with cell-based access control and customizable
>       server-side processing for distribution at no charge to the
>       public.
>
>       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Accumulo Project",
>       be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>       Foundation; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the Apache Accumulo Project be and hereby is
>       responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
>       related to a robust, scalable distributed key/value store with
>       cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing
>       and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Accumulo" be
>       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
>       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
>       of the Apache Accumulo Project, and to have primary responsibility
>       for management of the projects within the scope of
>       responsibility of the Apache Accumulo Project; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>       hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>       Apache Accumulo Project:
>
>         * Aaron Cordova             <acordova@apache.org>
>         * Adam Fuchs                <afuchs@apache.org>
>         * Billie Rinaldi            <billie@apache.org>
>         * Chris Waring              <cawaring@apache.org>
>         * Eric Newton               <ecn@apache.org>
>         * Keith Turner              <kturner@apache.org>
>         * David Medinets            <medined@apache.org>
>         * John Vines                <vines@apache.org>
>
>       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Billie Rinaldi
>       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Accumulo, to
>       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>       Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Accumulo PMC be and hereby is
>       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>       encourage open development and increased participation in the
>       Apache Accumulo Project; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the Apache Accumulo Project be and hereby
>       is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>       Incubator Accumulo podling; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>       Incubator Accumulo podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.
443.305.9434