incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance? NAK
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 03:08:54 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 20:52, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 3/1/2012 4:17 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> On Mar 1, 2012, at 9:20 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps you are signing up to do that ip-clearance, since it doesn't
>>> seem to be coming from the committer.
>>
>> IP clearance for an existing committer is BULLSHIT.  I already cleared
>> that with Legal when I was chair of this project.
>
> Somehow, having chaired the HTTP Server project for 2 years, I had missed
> the memo.  This information is not being communicated.  Thank you for
> enlightening me, our chair Eric, and the rest of the TLP communities.
>
> The HTTP Server Project will proceed to ignore the IP Clearance process
> laid out by the Incubator for all incoming contributions from any actual
> project committer or their employer, until informed otherwise by the
> President of the foundation.

Why don't you stop with your passive-aggressive bullshit, and read the
thread over on legal-discuss where we talked about fixing the "short
form" IP Clearance process. The IP policies have not changed, but they
*should*, along the lines Roy suggests in that thread.

The HTTP PMC cannot ignore the clearance process. But we do need to
fix the process. And we don't need your crap.

-g