incubator-general mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <christ.fab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ManifoldCF 0.5-incubating, RC0
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:07:56 GMT
Hi,

Am 26. März 2012 17:20 schrieb Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>:
> On Mar 26, 2012, at 4:41 PM, Karl Wright wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:24 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 26 March 2012 02:38, Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.abe.1@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The LICENSE file includes references to lots of jars that are dual
>>> licensed under CDDL v1.0 and GPL v2.
>>> However, there is no indication which license has been chosen by the project.
>>>
>>> I think this is a blocker.
>
> A project does not choose a license.  The license is provided by the copyright
> owner.  We do not change that license, nor do we reduce the number of the
> available licenses to choose from, for downstream recipients.  Therefore,
> it doesn't make any sense to indicate which one is "chosen".

I am following all these discussions for doing a first release of
Apache Stanbol (incubating) but get totally confused. According to

http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#mutually-exclusive

you have to choose the license and include only the license that you
have chosen.

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt