incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ManifoldCF 0.5-incubating, RC0
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:40:20 GMT
Sorry.  Meant ASF not ASC.  My thumbs are too big for my phone.

My point is that if push came to shove, legally, I think the -bin objects would be considered
a distribution.

Matt Hogstrom

On Mar 26, 2012, at 13:36, Matt Hogstrom <matt@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> Second, Apache projects only release SOURCE.  We don't release third party binaries,
period.

> Mainifold and other projects package up source AND binaries so I don't think we can say
way don't release binaries.  We do.  It's more of a convenience. It the -bin packages emanate
from the projects at the ASC.