incubator-general mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for an early review of an potential Apache OpenOffice release
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 12:48:25 GMT
> I don't see the Incubation disclaimer in either a dedicated DISCLAIMER file or
> the README.  Also, the word "incubating" is not in the archive filename.

Indeed, thanks. I added the Incubation Disclaimer to the README file.

When even OpenOffice gets abbreviated for the download archives, must
they all really include the full word "incubation" or only the source
archive?

E.g. the install set for version 3.4.0 of the US-English Intel/AMD 64bit
Linux port already has the quite long name
    OOo_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64-install-arc_en-US.tar.gz
Should the proper download name be
    Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64-install-arc_en-US.tar.gz
or would
    AOOi_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64-install-arc_en-US.tar.gz
suffice?

Herbert