incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Stroucken <mxs+apa...@cmu.edu>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Tashi 201202-incubating
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 04:54:19 GMT
Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Michael Stroucken <mxs+apache@cmu.edu> wrote:
>
>> The vote to release Apache Tashi 201202-incubating received two +1 votes
>> from IPMC members. Three +1 votes were required, so the vote fails to pass.
>>
>> The Apache Tashi team will build another release candidate soon, and will
>> resubmit a vote for release.
>>

> Did you guys find something wrong with the release ? Or are you guys
> saying the vote failed just because it didn't get the three +1
> required IPMC votes ? If it's because of not reaching enough votes,
> you guys don't need a new RC, just need to work with your mentors and
> other IPMCs to get the extra vote required.

The original vote called for a three-day voting period. Two out of our
three mentors were available and gave their +1s a bit later. It's been
two weeks since the vote was called; is it customary to just leave them
open, until the last required vote is cast?

We did find some bugs that we've fixed in the mean time, it would be
nice if we can ask the IPMC to release a new package with them applied
as a RC, like Hama is doing. Would that require a full PPMC vote again?

Greetings,
Michael.