incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hama 0.4-incubating RC6
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 03:36:43 GMT
-1 at the moment due to source distribution and license concerns noted

On 2/20/12 8:54 AM, "Edward J. Yoon" <> wrote:

>I've create RC6 for the Apache Hama 0.4-incubating release. This fixes
>the license header issue and adds rat-plugin.
>Signing KEYS:

Do you have a source artifact that is a simple archive of the SVN?

Also, you can stage your artifacts at rather than your own public
html folder, but this is not required.

The LICENSE file in the binary distribution needs to include 3rd party
licenses included in the libs that are being re-distributed as part of
your release.  Your binary release artifacts include ant 1.7 (and
potentially others) that has source covered by 3rd party licenses which I
don't see in your LICENSE file.

>Staging website:
>You can run the "mvn apache-rat:check" command to check for license
>I tested this RC6 builds, single mode, and distributed mode on my 16
>nodes cluster and 5 VMs with EC2.
>Please retry, check signatures, licenses, and vote!
>I hope this will be a final, and +1.
>Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail: