incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PMC chair vs. reorg proposals
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 19:34:13 GMT
On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 2/5/2012 10:20 AM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>>
>> No. With all respect for Noel - we have discussed this multiple times
>> now. There is a need for a change because some administrative stuff
>> was delayed. There is a need for a change because on of us demanded it
>> (Bill if I remember right). Why should we wait again and re-discuss
>> everything? There is nothing wrong with doing the election now.
>
> You most certainly remember wrong.  I pointed out the less-than-tactful
> aspects of the call for an election/replacement (which was unfortunately
> both at the same time), and some mechanical answers which would help
> this or any other committee push for a chair election without insult
> to the efforts of the standing chair, and why it is NOT an insult to ask
> for an election after their initial year of service.

Good

> But I entirely agree Noel should stay on for a bit longer, until it is
> clear that Chris and Benson agree on which should be elected and how
> they would serve as chair the committee, because I for one am going to
> vote Noel if either is so disagreeable as to be unable to gather support

We are not electing the direction (even when we have opinions with the
candidates).

> or gather consensus.  Right now they are on very polar ends of the whole
> discussion, which suggests neither until the incubator and board choose
> a path forward.

I am not going to discuss the whole chair thing another time. I am
done with this discussion.

If we are not even able to make a chair election the whole incubator
is a huge waste of time for me. We are not even able to make the
smallest reversible steps anymore. With three so good candidates it
should just be a standard process!

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de