incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: migrating the main site to the CMS- a simple approach
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:57:35 GMT
On 14 February 2012 16:21, Joe Schaefer <> wrote:
> So I realize that I don't have enough time myself
> to convert the incubator site's content to markdown
> even tho there are scripts to automate that process.
> Instead let me offer a different idea- to keep the
> existing build system but superimpose the CMS on top
> of it.

> To facilitate this, all that needs to happen is for
> someone to find a generic way of invoking anakia so
> it satisfies the command-line interface of
> (ie builds sources from ./content/ into a specified target
> dir).

That's not actually sufficient to build the main Incubator site,
because it does not take the Clutch updates into account.

However, I guess Clutch could be run separately to update the source
files, and then trigger a site rebuild.

> By generic, I mean a suitable command-line invocation
> for the script for the "anakia" type
> (basically supplying the right @system_args in the script)
> so that pretty much any site currently using anakia will
> be able to do the same thing.
> Hopefully the challenge to produce such @system_args is
> within the means of this community ;-)- it amounts to
> 1 line of perl at this point.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message