incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Re: [VOTE] Jukka Zitting for IPMC Chair (was Re: NOMINATIONS for Incubator PMC Chair)
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 16:39:01 GMT
On 9 February 2012 16:32, Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2012, at 17:10 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> On Feb 9, 2012, at 7:04 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ross,
>>>
>>> Sorry, I didn't see a mail from Noel, but he's already the chair.
>>> If this VOTE isn't successful, then he'll remain the chair. If
>>> you want to explicitly call a VOTE for Noel, go ahead, but
>>> this is the VOTE I am interested in calling, thanks!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chris
>>

>> Well, if there's an election, the fair thing is to include all candidates and see
who gets the majority. A vote on just one candidate is odd.

> I agree with Ross and Andrus that this is a strange way to hold an election, and I would
be in favor of doing this in a different way.

We could hold separate VOTEs for each remaining candidate, and then
vote for the best vote thread?
(joke)

In case it's not obvious, I agree with Ross, Andrus and Marcel - I
think the current VOTE thread is invalid and should be cancelled.