incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PMC chair vs. reorg proposals
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 23:39:23 GMT
Bill,

I am sorry that you perceived an ad-hominem attack in my email. If you
reread it, I think you will find that I described you as 'a vehement
opponent' of something. I do not believe that this meets the usual
standards for a personal attack; it doesn't comment on your character
at all, nor is it necessarily a negative description. If you don't
find it a reasonably accurate description of many of your messages on
this list then I'm afraid that our minds will never meet, and if that
is an insurmountable barrier to my apotheosis to committee chair, I
will just have to live without that role.

Further, the mischaracterization you claim is not supported by a close
reading of what I actually wrote; in the context of my message, 'the
PMC' can only mean 'the incubator PMC and' I wrote 'the PMC,' not your
paraphrase of 'a PMC'. I understood and understand that you prefer a
solution that involves electing people to other PMCs than the
incubator PMC. I don't accept the idea that I am a member of some
'[collective]'.

I apologize to the rest of the readers for this, but I am having a
thin-skinned moment. I will set my egg-timer to wait at least 24 hours
before consuming any more bandwidth.

--benson