incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Jukka Zitting for IPMC Chair (was Re: NOMINATIONS for Incubator PMC Chair)
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 19:34:21 GMT
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Jim Jagielski <> wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2012, at 2:00 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Benson Margulies <> wrote:
>>> +1 (binding)
>> +1 (binding)
>>> From my perspective, Chris's proposal and Benson's vote above
>> effectively turned this into a single issue question: is now the time
>> for Noah to be replaced by Jukka?
>> There are no question that all four individuals in question are great
>> guys.  However despite the protestations to the contrary, all
>> available evidence at the present time show that Jukka has more time
>> available to devote to the Incubator.  This means that we have here a
>> (possibly only modestly incremental) improvement, and one that is
>> readily reversible if necessary.  What's not to like?
> I'd still like a definitive list of who is running and a "real"
> vote that includes all candidates. Is the presumption that Jukka
> is the only candidate valid??

Chris and I have bowed out in favor of Jukka. No one else was
nominated except Noel, and Noel made it clear that he was ready to
make way for a new chair if the community chose one. Bertrand and/or
Sam asked us to try to reach a consensus on one candidate.

So, this vote tests a consensus to install Jukka in place of Noel. If
no one objects, I personally think that the question is entirely

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message