incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Packages renaming and backward compatibility (was: Re: [VOTE] Graduate Sqoop podling from Apache Incubator)
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:00:08 GMT
I don't think it's a good question. I think that it is typical of the
sort of hypothetical question which leads to heaps of scorn from Sam.

I can imagine circumstances where it would make some sense, and some
cases where it would be evidence of a serious problem in a TLP.

The Foundation is supposed, I claim, to be about basic principles and
common sense, not endless picayune legislation.

It seems common-sensical that nearly any Java code created at the
foundation would be in an org.apache package -- but there's no point
to trying to chisel this into tablets as opposed to expecting people
to understand the general principles we're about here.

Leo, are you out there?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message