incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: Time to vote the chair?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 23:22:38 GMT
At this point I am going to frankly campaign for myself.

I am willing to be the chair of the incubator as we know it, and
strive to incrementally improve it. I have no objection to that
process including a deliberate consideration of Chris' proposal for a
radical restructuring. Given some time, that proposal may beget
alternatives of more or less radicallity.

If I understand Chris correctly, he's volunteering on the
understanding that the PMC, under his leadership, will move swiftly to
adopt something like the scheme he's proposed.

This seems to offer a clear choice to the community: if you want the
community to focus on a radical restructuring with a strong
presumption in favor of Chris' proposal, then ask the board to appoint

If, on the other hand, you still believe that a new chair would be a
good idea, but you believe that time, thought, and perhaps incremental
change are more appropriate, then ask the board to appoint me. Or Noel
again. Or find another volunteer.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message