incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time to vote the chair?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 23:22:38 GMT
At this point I am going to frankly campaign for myself.

I am willing to be the chair of the incubator as we know it, and
strive to incrementally improve it. I have no objection to that
process including a deliberate consideration of Chris' proposal for a
radical restructuring. Given some time, that proposal may beget
alternatives of more or less radicallity.

If I understand Chris correctly, he's volunteering on the
understanding that the PMC, under his leadership, will move swiftly to
adopt something like the scheme he's proposed.

This seems to offer a clear choice to the community: if you want the
community to focus on a radical restructuring with a strong
presumption in favor of Chris' proposal, then ask the board to appoint
him.

If, on the other hand, you still believe that a new chair would be a
good idea, but you believe that time, thought, and perhaps incremental
change are more appropriate, then ask the board to appoint me. Or Noel
again. Or find another volunteer.