incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: PMC chair vs. reorg proposals
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 21:45:45 GMT
On Feb 6, 2012 7:15 PM, "William A. Rowe Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> On 2/6/2012 12:49 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
> > On 02/05/2012 11:40 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
> >> If the board decides to go that way, I am happy to see Chris in charge
> >> of the transition.
> >
> > It's not the board's decision to make.  The folks in the Incubator need
> > to decide what they as volunteers want to do.  As a board member, either
> > approach is acceptable to me.
> >
> > Also, there doesn't need to be just a single approach.  If there's not a
> > clear consensus one way or the other then some folks might try an
> > experiment with direct-to-TLP incubation while some others might try
> > revitalizing the IPMC.
>
> This is a very good point (and closely maps the "experiment" already
> suggested of a few test-cases).
>
> I wonder which of the three candidates would be willing stewards of both
> approaches simultaneously?  I would love to hear all three of their
> thoughts, if this were the direction the Incubator chooses to proceed.

I'm not a candidate but...

I don't need to be a GSoC admin this year, so I have a little time for
experimentation.

As a mentor I've already signed up to Joe's experiment.

As chair of ComDev I've agreed to work with the IPMC to figure out what
comDevs role should be in the future.

I have an ideal candidate project for the straight to TLP model. Chris is
an active mentor there and its a fairly typical project. I'm sure Chris can
purpose others. If Chris is game so am I.

I've yet to find time to digest Bensons model, but we are Co-mentors on a
few projects so I'm sure we can find something.

Noel already stated that he wants to facilitate whatever is needed.

I guess you can count me in.

Ross