incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Anyone care to talk to ComDev? (was Re: Time to vote the chair?)
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 01:06:51 GMT
My biggest problem is that the proposal moves undefined responsibilities to
ComDev while none of the candidates have actually spoken to ComDev about
this.

Doesn't that strike the candidates as a little odd?

l want to know what ComDev is being asked to do. The proposal in the wiki
is not clear in this regard and a number of discussion questions remain
unanswered.

I realise I've made it clear that I don't object, in principle, but I'm
only one member of ComDev. Furthermore I've made it clear I'm having
difficulty keeping up at the moment due to other commitments. As a result
of these two facts I'm not willing to sign ComDev up to an, as yet,
undefined role. I request that someone, shows ComDev, and in particular
myself as VP ComDev, tasks to us rather than about us.

Do any of the candidates want to take a little time to define the role they
see for ComDev?

Ross