incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Machine account request - "www.apache.org"
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 02:28:33 GMT

Policy: http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator
> It's only a SHALL task, but to me it even sounds more like a post-graduation task, since
the path changes after graduation anyway. Could you please clarify this?

First: I like that you have taken initiative and are trying to
determine how to make a release based on the published documentation.
That being said, let me suggest a different starting point:

Go to:

http://incubator.apache.org/

Click on "Podling Releases" =>

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

There, in addition to information on mirroring:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#understanding-mirroring

There also is information on check lists, votes, and other matters.
Be aware that releases at the ASF are more than simply placing
binaries where other can find them.  In particular, they need to be
signed, follow naming rules, and have a license audit.

Finally, this discussion should continue on the public jspwiki-dev list.

- Sam Ruby