incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time to vote the chair?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 15:22:08 GMT
On Feb 2, 2012 11:20 PM, "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <
chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Hi Benson,
>
> I wouldn't have much problem with this, so long as I make it
> clear that my intention isn't to remain in the position for longer than
> one month, two months, whatever it takes to move towards
> proposal/resolution and board recommendation to dissolve
> the Incubator and the VP Incubator position, and to implement my
> proposal. I realize there are INFRA impacts to this; and other nitty
> gritty details -- I'm  willing to help where I can with those and to
facilitate
> the others.

I think it will be much longer than that. Incremental and reversible steps
are most desirable. Thus, I would see the Board promoting just a few
podlings to podling-TLP status, and see how that goes for a couple
quarters. The Incubator would stick around during that test, continuing
with the vast majority of podlings.

Speaking as a Director, that would be my preferred approach. I obviously
can't speak for the others, but I would argue against a total, immediate
deconstruction.

Cheers,
-g