incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nomination of Chris Mattman for the IPMC Chair (was: Re: NOMINATIONS for Incubator PMC Chair)
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:44:44 GMT
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 00:58, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> And to be honest, even if you (Bill) or the board folks think
> that there should be an Incubation VP, are you willing to at least
> try it my way, and then if all hell breaks loose, simply add the role
> in 6 months (or sooner, if required?) IOW, we accept my proposal asi-is.
> Then in 6 months, we'll see how it's working out, and I'll tell you what,
> if we need an Incubation VP then, I'll be all for it, and even willing to sign
> up for it.

With my Director hat on, I would vote to keep the Incubator VP and
only eliminate it when it is demonstrated to be of no value. As I
mentioned before, I believe there are aspects to incubation that
require a supportive group which cannot simply be shifted to the
podling-TLP or the Board. The Board has enough to do without trying to
*also* verify release processes, check on podling branding and press,
etc.

Cheers,
-g