incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.4.1-incubating
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 07:42:20 GMT

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <> wrote:
> Hi Roman,
> we're definitely open to embrace any Apache policy for naming files. Can you point me
to some written docs?

AFAIK, it would be fair to say that Apache, in general, is all
about source releases. The binary artifacts are simply convenience
artifacts and thus it makes sense that the "default" tarballs are
source tarballs.

I'm not sure I can quote chapter and verse, my experience comes from
doing Apache Bigtop
Project which is an integration point between at least a dozen
different Apache projects.
When I pulled your RC into Bigtop the other day it was the only
project that I had to modify
my scripts for. Everything else follows the most default naming convention.

Hope this helps.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message