incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Evolution instead of a revolution (Was: Time to vote the chair?)
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 02:03:47 GMT

On Feb 3, 2012, at 5:57 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> On 2/3/2012 7:40 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
>>

>> I thought I did.  The proposal that Chris put forth seems to make podlings formal
PMCs that report to the board simply so they have authority to vote on releases, add new committers,
etc..  My proposal is to give podlings the authority to make the releases and add new committers
as long as they have approval of their mentors. It doesn't require a change in bylaws or even,
so far as I can tell, explicit board approval to do this. It might require someone to change
the voting page to clarify that the incubator works differently. Big deal.

> That's not a proposal the board can ratify at the next board meeting.

Re-read what I've written. I don't believe the board needs to ratify anything. The IPMC has
the ability to re-model itself without requiring a board resolution. What I've suggested is
exactly in line with the resolution that was passed in 2002.

Ralph