incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Giving podlings enough time to report [Fwd: Incubator PMC/Board report for Feb 2012 ([ppmc])]
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:30:49 GMT
Hi,

I would like to point out that a reminder on the day the report is due is NOT plenty of time.

> The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 15 February 2012, 10:00:00 PST. The report
> for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator PMC
> requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks before the board meeting, to allow
> sufficient time for review and submission (Wed, Feb 1st).

Fortunately for Flex, Bertrand was completely on top of this and the podling is very active
and had their act together in hours!

I understand that the policy was changed to allow the IPMC more time to review podling reports.

But now the previous notice timing leaves the time short for podlings to produce reports.

I realize that this may be due to when the board chooses to announce the meeting. I think
that podlings ought to be reminded three weeks before the board meeting.

Perhaps it is merely a "bug" in the automated system.

Regards,
Dave

Begin forwarded message: