incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release jena-tdb-0.9.0-incubating (RC2)
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:51:23 GMT
On 12/02/12 12:22, sebb wrote:
... lots of useful comments ...

Hi sebb,

We have just posted a vote on an RC-4 - this reply is to some of the
specific points you raised:

 >> Please vote on this release:
 >>
 >>   [ ] +1 Approve the release of Apache Jena, module TDB 0.9.0-incubating
 >>   [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
 >
 > The binary N&L files need to be sorted out before release.
 > The tag and the packaging also need to be sorted out before release.

We believe these have been addressed.

The dist area has been changed to
[DIR] download/
[DIR] source-release/

The SVN tag has been redone without a recursive "trunk".

The distribution has it's own LICENSE and NOTICE files that roll up the
binaries incorporate in the distribution.

> The jars need to contain valid NOTICE files; however the files start as follows:
>

> TDB
> Copyright 2012 The Apache Software Foundation

Changed to
"Apache Jena - Module TDB"

> The top-level dir contains binary zip and tar archives, but no source archive.
> The subdir jena-tdb-0.9.0-incubating/ contains what appears to the the
> source archive, but only as a zip.

This is produced by mvn -Papache-release (unmodified) which produces
just "source-release.zip"

	Andy