incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] Jukka Zitting for IPMC Chair (was Re: NOMINATIONS for Incubator PMC Chair)
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 17:37:25 GMT
On 2/9/2012 11:29 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> (1) Why is the IPMC different from other PMCs and holding a personnel VOTEs  on a public
ML?

Just to clarify this single issue; by rights, adding committers and
committee members is a personal issue about those individuals.  But
choosing a representative for the board is committee business, not
business about personal matters.  I don't mind which way committees
choose to do it, nor whether they are secret ballots.