incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release jena-tdb-0.9.0-incubating (RC2)
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 13:03:14 GMT
The Jena PPMC has voted to release

   Apache Jena TDB 0.9.0-incubating

and we would now be grateful if members of IPMC would review and vote
for this release.

== Overview

This will be the second incubator release for by Jena; it's the first
Apache release for the TDB module.

Jena is composed of a number of modules.  Historically, they have been
released semi-independently, sort of "flying in formation".  We intend
to switch to a more integrated build process and we want to create the
time to do that by making this first Apache release of TDB now.

Jena TDB is currently delivered as maven artifacts for the jar and also
a single distribution file as a zip or tar.gz containing all the jars
and their dependencies so users have a "download and unpack" option.

== Project vote

Result:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-jena-dev/201202.mbox/%3C4F324DFA.2050800%40apache.org%3E

Call for VOTE:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-jena-dev/201202.mbox/%3C4F2DA188.6080105%40apache.org%3E

== Staging repository

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-192/

Direct link to TDB area in staging:
http://s.apache.org/apache-jena-tdb-0.9.0-incubating-RC-2/

== Proposed dist/ area:

The following will be added to the existing distribution area:

http://people.apache.org/~andy/dist-tdb-0.9.0-RC2/

will be added to:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/jena/

== Keys

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/dist/KEYS

== SVN tag

The module is currently tagged with the version and "-RC-2".  If voted
on successfully, the tag will be changed ("svn mv") to the same but
minus the "RC" labelling.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/Jena2/TDB/tags/jena-tdb-0.9.0-incubating-RC-2/

Please vote on this release:

   [ ] +1 Approve the release of Apache Jena, module TDB 0.9.0-incubating
   [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This vote will be open until:
   Saturday 11/February 23:59 UTC
(72 hours from the same hour tonight).

As well as the vote, we'd also appreciate any feedback for improving our
release process and project generally.

     Andy