incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: PMC chair vs. reorg proposals
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 20:08:54 GMT

> It seems to me that one of the ideas would require some board
> assistance: Roy's 'IPMC as board' structure, in which, it seems to me,
> podlings (sooner or later) take binding votes on their own releases
> and committers, but the board delegates supervision to the IPMC
> instead of doing all if it.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Incubator PMC", be
       and hereby is established pursuant to the Bylaws of the
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Incubator PMC be and hereby is
       responsible for the acceptance and oversight of new products
       submitted or proposed to become part of the Foundation;
       and be it further

+      RESOLVED, that the Apache Incubator PMC be and hereby is
+      responsible for the creation, dissolution and oversight of
+      incubating project management subcommittees of the Foundation;
+      and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Incubator PMC is responsible for
       providing guidance and ensuring that subcommittees under its
       purview develop products according to the Foundation's philosophy
       and guidelines for collaborative development; and be it further

[s/subprojects/subcommittees/ above]

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Incubator PMC is responsible for
       regularly evaluating products under its purview and making the
       determination in each case of whether the product should be
       abandoned, continue to receive guidance and support, or
       proposed to the board for promotion to full project status
       as part of an existing or new Foundation PMC; and be it further