incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <>
Subject Re: PMC chair vs. reorg proposals
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:44:29 GMT
> Bill has also been the most vehement opponent of one of the
> possible evolutionary strategies: to elect people to the PMC on the
> strength (only) of their ability and willingness to supervise single
> podlings.

Let's be clear, it wasn't an election to a PMC, but to the IPMC that
I opposed.  Members of the IPMC have a vote on ALL podlings, whether
they earned merit there or not.  It is a very confusing message for
new valued contributors.  And it wasn't their ability and willingness
to supervise a podling, but on the fact that they had successfully
RM'ed a release [reading all the docs and rules along the way].  There
is an impedance mismatch between serving a PMC and the IPMC.

Please don't mis-characterize what I concur or disagree with.  We'll
be far more likely to come to consensus if you [collectively] quit
doing so, and quit relying on ad hominem attacks.  It's especially
important for a potential committee chair, since the important parts
of your writings are potentially dismissed.

Otherwise, thank you for responding to my RFC.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message