incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: PMC chair vs. reorg proposals
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 20:04:33 GMT

> Just to set the record straight and get out of the way, *my* position
> is that I do not feel particularly qualified to lead the charge in
> presiding over the disassembly of the incubator. My alternative
> proposal is not my 'election platform' -- it's just an alternative --
> and as much Ralph's now as mine. If the incubator isn't disassembled,
> it has to find some compromise between (to oversimplify) you and Joe,
> and it's one possibility.

Which was entirely my point.  You don't have 'platforms'.  You each
'champion' entirely different approaches to solving the issues that
everyone agrees do exist, today.

So without knowing which direction we travel, it is hard to select
the most appropriate candidate.  Or rather, selecting one of the two
candidates pretty much sets forward a direction.  So as the chief
advocates of two competing proposals, it's no longer possible to
discern the candidate from the proposal.

Or rather, if either of you were elected to guide in a direction you
very much disagreed with, you would be very frustrated, and probably
end up as a disappointing leader of any efforts at all.

I'd rather have an election in 2 or 3 months after IPMC or the board
decides what will happen next.  And depending on how the two of your
positions and ideas shift over that time in these discussions, it's
entirely possible you each make equivalently successful leaders over
the final consensus that is drawn up.  For Noel to serve and just let
the current discussion play out sounds great to me.