incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Evolution instead of a revolution (Was: Time to vote the chair?)
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 01:57:41 GMT
On 2/3/2012 7:40 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> I thought I did.  The proposal that Chris put forth seems to make podlings formal PMCs
that report to the board simply so they have authority to vote on releases, add new committers,
etc..  My proposal is to give podlings the authority to make the releases and add new committers
as long as they have approval of their mentors. It doesn't require a change in bylaws or even,
so far as I can tell, explicit board approval to do this. It might require someone to change
the voting page to clarify that the incubator works differently. Big deal.

That's not a proposal the board can ratify at the next board meeting.

Try again.  It's not all that simple.  Give it a shot :)