incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Evolution instead of a revolution (Was: Time to vote the chair?)
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 21:37:56 GMT
On 02/03/2012 08:35 PM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
> [...]
Thanks for voicing this Matt, I can't agree more.

Last weeks discussions on general@ (and private) really were impossible to
follow with everyone jumping the gun or at each others troat, thread hijacking,
too many half-baked/refined/opposed/amended/etc. proposals to booth.

And it seemed like some were even trying to turn that mess to their advantage by
trying to 'force' some conclusions or at least make it seem so.
What *is* this rush about, so all of the sudden?

There surely is a lot to improve, but rushing into half-backed and not properly
thought through radical changes doesn't make sense to me.

So, taking a step back, and have the proposers draft up a comprehensible story
first, and *please* not on this list but on the wiki, really would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ate