incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Evolution instead of a revolution (Was: Time to vote the chair?)
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 02:08:03 GMT

On Feb 3, 2012, at 6:01 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> On 2/3/2012 7:47 PM, Ralph Goers wrote
>>

>> Well, to be blunt, that sucks.
>
> No.  In all reality, it doesn't.  Far too many resources were drained in
> the past five years on a handful of projects which never had a hope of
> graduating.  An example was Blue Sky.  This will force mentors to pick
> their battles, stand by their battles, and not to completely walk away
> from them for months at a time.

Yes - in reality it does. Your opinion doesn't count more than mine and we can go around in
this circle endlessly.  Yes, too many resources have been drained but that is only because
the IPMC seemed to think it could only operate one way. I have no idea why.

You are obviously in favor of Chris' proposal. I'm not. This isn't going to be solved by which
of us posts last.

Ralph