incubator-general mailing list archives

From Florian Holeczek <flori...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Machine account request - "www.apache.org"
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 23:12:12 GMT
Hi all,

Tony, thanks for your explanation.

@Incubator PMC:
The topic is "Project ready to comply with ASF mirroring guidelines" from the Incubation Policy:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator
It's only a SHALL task, but to me it even sounds more like a post-graduation task, since the
path changes after graduation anyway. Could you please clarify this?

Thanks and best regards
 Florian Holeczek

----- Urspr√ľngliche Mail -----
Von: "Tony Stevenson" <pctony@apache.org>
An: "Florian Holeczek" <florianh@apache.org>
CC: infrastructure@apache.org, "JSPWiki private list" <jspwiki-private@incubator.apache.org>
Gesendet: Montag, 6. Februar 2012 23:57:36
Betreff: Re: Machine account request - "www.apache.org"

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 10:52:28PM +0000, Tony Stevenson wrote:

> Florian,
>
> Please use  https://id.apache.org/acreq/  to request accounts.
> As per http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter

If these are existing accounts, then that is different.  We do not allow committers to have
shell access on any machine other than people.apache.org, other than PMC specific VMs, or
if you are a member of Infra.
That guide looks very out of date, and is not for mirroring websites, but making your projects'
released code available on the mirror service.

The best way to do this will be for your released artifacts to go into dist.a.o (SVN repo)
and this will need to be setup by infra (on request via a JIRA ticket), and future updates
will be automatically pushed to the mirrors.

> On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 11:39:57PM +0100, Florian Holeczek wrote:
> > Userids: juanpablo, florianh
> > Machine: www.apache.org
> > Groups required: committers, incubator
> > Reason:
> >
> > Hi infrastructure team,
> >
> > preparing graduation of the JSPWiki project, we'd like to have access to www.apache.org
in order to be able to follow step #6 of the "Step-By-Step Guide To Mirroring Releases" [1].

--

Cheers,
Tony