incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] Jukka Zitting for IPMC Chair (was Re: NOMINATIONS for Incubator PMC Chair)
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 16:58:03 GMT
On Feb 9, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2012, at 11:10 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> Well, if there's an election, the fair thing is to include all candidates and see
who gets the majority. A vote on just one candidate is odd.
> Agreed.
> I suggest that this VOTE be withdrawn, and a true election,
> with all candidates be done.

What's preventing anyone from calling a VOTE on any other candidate? Of which,
as I understand it, there are none.

Noel is the existing chair. If this VOTE is *not* successful, then he remains the chair.
If it is, successful, then the recommendation is to change him out as the chair.

Did I miss something by actually "trying" to make progress here?

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246

To unsubscribe, e-mail: