incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <mfrank...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Licence headers in template files
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 13:37:20 GMT
I am sure you know this (especially since you first pointed me at this page), but the release
FAQ [1] makes it sound like you need the header, if you assume your templates are source:

       Which Files Must Contain An ASF License Text?
       Every source file must contain the appropriate ASF License text.

I am no lawyer, so I will defer to someone who has more experience than me to help you determine
whether your snippets count as source.

Just a thought that might solve your problem in a different way:   if you define some convention
in Wookie to denote text to be stripped during processing, you might find it useful for reasons
other than just the license.  This could be especially true if you expect users of the system
to be defining their own templates.  You could strip comments, examples, licenses, etc all
at once.

[1] : http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain